Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Desert project

I haven't posted any art in a while, but it's mostly due to an animation 
I'm working on to add to my portfolio! I've just
finished the background (minus any needed text). As, always
here's how I made it:


My initial sketch (that whited out area removes any spoilers)
shows the first two shots I intended to make using it.


Adding outlines where needed and a bit of maneuvering 
so the composition doesn't hurt my eyes so much.


After adding colors. I always start my projects with a pretty solid 
idea of how I want the colors to "flow", but end up 
tweeking it a bit to better fit storytelling and guide the eyes easier.


Whether or not I'm using shadows or a desaturated version of my
concept in the final idea hasn't been considered yet 
(the ideas kept coming while I worked) but this is what I've gotten
done so far... minus a ton of storyboards for the next scenes.

No comments:

Post a Comment